Well, it is coming along. You know if I didn't spend so much time ripping out and correcting mistakes, I would be done alot sooner. Somewhere on this project I am off, and for the life of me I can not find where. Bottom line is, that I had to go back, use regular sewing thread, and count off the linen count across the width and length and try to get back on count. My sister says that what happens when you skip around. Instead of consistantly working from left to right, or right to left. I will post a picture to accompany this latest development.
Well, I haven't had much time to cross stitch cuz I have been really busy completing my dining room. At some point I painted the wood work, and 3 of the 4 walls below the chair rail. But....since I have company coming this week, I decided last Fri. I had better finish the room. So off to Home Depot to buy wall paint for above the chair rail. In addition, I had to paint the ceiling which probably still had the original builder's paint on it. So....here is the final product. Please excuse any mess on the dining room table! The table is perfectly clear now.
Did I mention that I now have a take along project as well. Like having two other projects going wasn't enough? I truly am addicted! Many times when we have visited places on vacations, I have picked up small cross stitch charts/kits for remembering the visit. Have I a few from Ocean City. One of DC that I did many years ago, before we actually lived in the area. I also picked up one of Mt. Vernon which is George Washington's home. The last time I was in Williamsburg, I picked up a small sampler kit. That is what I am working on as well. I bought one of those snappy frames and it seems to work better than all the hoops I used for years. In addition, I can leave my floor stand and lap stand with the dowels alone, and don't have to dismantle it to take it with me. I will post pictures of the Williamsburg sampler and also the DC one I did years ago later!
I have been also plogging along on this. In the evenings, I sit on the couch and occasionally glance at the TV while I am stitching away. I love this sampler. The colors are awesome especially given the fact that I elected to use the Gentle arts thread. I like the variations of colors when you are filling in a large area. There is a part of the the pattern that has a wreath on it. For some reason it has the initials or letters J D in it. I can't for the life of me figure out why. But considering the pattern directions are written French I probably will never figure out why. But have decided to change those out for my own intitals. Also the date on the pattern is 2009 and I will also change that out to the current year. Since I have had some difficulty with the wreath, I have decided to move on to other parts of the pattern. Especially since I think I have already ripped it out twice. I figure the 3rd time will be the charm.
Thought I would post the progress I have made on my family tree project. This particular one, was timely only because most of family tree was covered with stitches. I am down to the point that all I have to do is finishing adding names. Thank God for laundry! I can't believe I actually said that! Because laundry is the reason I was able to work on this as much as I have.
I realized that I talked about my rosters that I had completed and finally had framed, but never posted a picture of them. They look great where I finally decided to hang them and especially given the fact that they were called Chicken Soup. If you look closely you can see that one of the roster's body is made up of different types of pastas, and the other roster's body is made of vegetables.