Sunday, October 11, 2015

Antique Sampler - Week One

Antique Sampler
BH & G Cross Stitch and Country Crafts Magazine
Mar/April 1992
28 ct. Lakeside Linen
Vintage Buttercream
DMC

First whole week that I was able to work in this project.
Been trying to keep up on the border as  I go along so it's not so overwhelming. Glad to have finished the alphabet, since it was one thread over one.  I will be able to work on the middle section , although it's full of satin stitch. So is the part between the two red basting threads. Notice how I have skipped over that part.  Working up my intestinal fortitude.

My mom and I made a trip out to Needles in Haymarket this week.  I haven't been in the store for over 2 years.  They have some cross stitch and needlepoint, but their focus in mainly yarn.

I purchased some yarn to make a scarf for my niece.  I ran out of the yarn from the final blanket, and the yarn I picked is more girly colors.  I also picked up some yarn to knit my daughter an eternity scarf.  If you bought the yarn, you got the free pattern.  Not sure whether that was such a deal since the yarn was pretty pricey. But the sample in the store was pretty.

Can't really tell from the pic, but the dark yarn is a very pretty teal.

Still more pending projects I need to get back to!  Maybe this week!  I really hate things hanging over my head.

That's bout all for this week. Happy stitching!


2 comments:

  1. Lovely new yarns you picked up, Pam! Congratulations on getting the over one alphabet stitched! Your sampler is looking great.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! When I get down with us, am forwarding the magazine to my sister. She gave me a list of my charts that she has first dibs on.

      Delete