Thursday, September 27, 2012

New upstairs project - Rose Manor - Spring Quakers

First of all, I have to admit, that until I actually started this project the only reason I thought it was called Spring Quakers was because it uses a hand dyed green fabric, and I figured the threads were spring colors.  Little did I notice, that the reason it is called Spring Quakers is because it has the names of flowers all over it.   DUH!  Still okay, because I bought the pattern because it visually called to me in the first place no matter what was on it.   I did use the Valdini thread as suggested in the pattern.   It's expensive $40.00 for the 12 colors.  But absolutely love working with it.  You cut it off the spool and use it.  No separating the threads, with the exception of the flower names in back stitch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment