Monday, October 24, 2016

Loara Standish - Week 3

I was able to complete bands 8-10 this week. 

I have to admit that band is 11 is kicking me in the nether regions!  It has been quite the challenge!
But, I have started my trek on this sampler, and by hook or by crook, I will finish it.  Even if the only band I finish this week is band 11.

This sampler is so much prettier in reality.  The pictures of it show up as very muted, but although not bright like some of the samplers I have stitched, I would qualify this one as being elegant.

I pulled out all of the 1990's charts to double check I have everything.  The only thing needed was a piece of raw linen, of course in a count I didn't have.  But it has been ordered, and I'm not in a big hurry to get it.

I love being able to go into my stash, and pulling a project to stitch, and I have everything I need to just start stitching. 

Nothing much else going on here.  I did finally find a chair cover for my chair.  It's quilted and just ties on.  Plus it wasn't all that expensive.  Thank to Wayfair, yet again.  I just wanted something to protect the chair, since it's sort of a pale grey micro suede.    Prior to this, I just had towel on it, and it was always shifting around.  

Well, that's all for this week!  Happy stitching!

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Loara Standish - Week Two

Very happy with my progress this week!  I managed to complete bands 5 - 7. 

I was happy to find out, there are only 20 some bands in this sampler, instead of 40 bands like I originally thought.  Not promising I can always complete more than a single band a week, but in anticipating how long it will take me to stitch this, 5 months is way better than 10 months!  Especially since this is my very last sampler with a copyright date within the 1980's.  I am very looking forward to moving into the 1990's copyright date samplers.  I have some real goodies!

Nothing much going on here.  I decided to go get a haircut.  My hair had grown out a lot since my last haircut.  I showed the stylist this picture of the haircut I wanted.

This is the haircut I got!  Thankfully, it will grow out, but it's definitely a lot shorter, than I would have liked.

So...with that, I'll sign off, till next week.  Happy stitching all.  Must return to my Loara!

Monday, October 10, 2016

Loara Standish - Week 1

I managed to stitch 4 bands of Loara Standish.  It has been quite the challenge.  The chart isn't the easiest to follow.  Plus, I hate kits.  I made a mistake, which wasn't recoverable, and had to rip out an entire line of blue stitching.  I am so hoping, I will have sufficient thread to finish the sampler.  Especially, since no thread #'s are supplied on the chart.

I finally got around to giving Dixie, the bath and cut, she so needed and deserved.  I did my best to take a decent picture of her, with her "do", but once again, she's not very cooperative.  She wouldn't hold still long enough.

The basement bathroom update is finished.  By the hair of our chinny-chin-chin.  I think we put the final touches on it Friday, with my mom's return on Saturday.  She likes it, and it definitely is an improvement, from the contractor paint, and fixtures from before.

I really don't have much else this week.  So.....with that note, I wish you all Happy Stitching!

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Jane Woodward Sampler - Finish

Whoop! Whoop!  I put the last stitches in Jane on Saturday.  I am very happy with the final result.  Especially since it leaves one more 1980 era samplers left in my stash.

Yup, Loara Standish.  I had already prepared the fabric by serging the edges.  So, as soon as Jane was finished.  I removed the scroll rods from the floor stand, and replaced with small scroll rods, necessary for a band sampler.

After much dread, I finally put the first stitches in today.  I have to tell you, that I am definitely intimidated by Loara!  Especially after looking after the complicated directions.  I think I will probably not stitch it double sided, to save myself some aggravation.  Plus, there are quite a few new stitches, I haven't even done before.  I.E.  The Standish stitch.  Named after Loara herself.  Not even in the few embroidery books I have.  At least the illustrations enclosed were large enough and descriptive that I was able to figure it out.

On the homefront, the basement bathroom is still not finished.  As of today, we have exactly, FIVE days to get it done.  Wish I knew how to do plumbing, and electrical!  I'd finish it myself!

I did manage, to bath Holly.  Dixie did finally get a hair cut.  I have, however, not been able to finish with her, since it has rained for the last 4 days here constantly.  Not conducive to trimming the legs!  But she got her ears cleaned out, and I can see her eyes again, due to the eyebrow trim.

Well, that's bout all for this week.  Until next week, happy stitching!