Yup, Loara Standish. I had already prepared the fabric by serging the edges. So, as soon as Jane was finished. I removed the scroll rods from the floor stand, and replaced with small scroll rods, necessary for a band sampler.
After much dread, I finally put the first stitches in today. I have to tell you, that I am definitely intimidated by Loara! Especially after looking after the complicated directions. I think I will probably not stitch it double sided, to save myself some aggravation. Plus, there are quite a few new stitches, I haven't even done before. I.E. The Standish stitch. Named after Loara herself. Not even in the few embroidery books I have. At least the illustrations enclosed were large enough and descriptive that I was able to figure it out.
On the homefront, the basement bathroom is still not finished. As of today, we have exactly, FIVE days to get it done. Wish I knew how to do plumbing, and electrical! I'd finish it myself!
I did manage, to bath Holly. Dixie did finally get a hair cut. I have, however, not been able to finish with her, since it has rained for the last 4 days here constantly. Not conducive to trimming the legs! But she got her ears cleaned out, and I can see her eyes again, due to the eyebrow trim.
Well, that's bout all for this week. Until next week, happy stitching!