Thursday, September 27, 2018

Ann Hill Sampler Complete





Oh my goodness!  I can't believe it's the end almost the end of September and I  (yet again) had not posted to my blog.  These days just fly by so quickly and I just don't know where time goes!  In my own defense, I juggle quite a few balls, and probably take on more than I should.

I know that I have mentioned that several years ago, we moved my mom in with us from Florida.  Just before Christmas, 2017 she had a heart attack, which affected her in many ways, that perhaps I didn't realize would happen.  My mother will be 97 in October, after the heart attack, she was more frail, more wobbly on her feet, as well as other things that happened with her physically, but her short term memory loss after the heart attack, was something I was not prepared for!  It's a learning experience.

It really is like having a toddler back in the house and trying to stay a step ahead.  I dole out her medicine, since she takes at least 4/5 different ones, at different times.  Between my husband and I we had to come up with a system to keep her from over medicating herself.   She'd take her PM pills, 15 minutes later, couldn't remember she had taken them, and then took the AM pills as well.. Luckily my daughter is RN and a quick call to her, about what to do, greatly alleviated my fears. 

In addition, I have to come up with what we call the dishwasher situation.  Otherwise, my mom will put away dirty dishes, or put dirty dishes in with completely clean dishes.  The answer is to run the dishwasher right after dinner and empty it before I go to bed.

I have taken over her bill paying, making appointments and also her laundry.  My mom would be perfectly happy if I just sat with her all day.  Unfortunately, I have a large house to keep clean, 4 dogs, and then crazy me, if my life isn't hectic enough I added a 10 gallon and 29 gallon freshwater aquarium, which needs upkeep daily.  Not to say, that it wouldn't be nirvana just to sit with her all day long and just stitch.  But, I have no maid, and kitchen floors, bathrooms don't clean themselves.

I want to thank all of you for sticking with me, and not unsubscribing.  I will endeavor to be better at posting, now that I have re-discovered my stitching mojo!









2 comments:

  1. I can so relate! Especially to the medication issues. We ended up getting my mom, who lives 2 hours away, an alarm that tells her it's time to take her medications. She is listening to that darn alarm way more than she listens to my dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Ann Hill sampler is gorgeous, Pam, and if you put the pattern up for sale like you did your other ones, I would be greatly interested. Bless you for taking care of your mom, and oh, my goodness, 97! It is an adventure and I speak from experience from doing mom and dad at the same time. Oie..hang in there!

    ReplyDelete