Thursday, August 30, 2018

Ann Hill Sampler - Just Cross Stitch - Cathy Livingston

Wow!  My intentions were to post updates on this sampler last week,  but ran into some real obstacles with this articular sampler.  Mostly due to my own stupidity and lack of foresight!  Mostly because I was so excited about being at the bottom of the chart.  (Stitched on 36 ct., Dirty Linen)

First, I had tacked on the last part of the reduced chart, in the border area.  Big Mistake, since the outside blue border was not completed.  I realized that the flowers might not "fit" within the two blue borders on this sampler.  So......I had to tear out all the running (outline stitches), remove the paper and complete the outside border.

This I did, till I realized my border was not going to match up.  UGG!  After ripping out the entire right side and top, more then once, I realized it was not going to match up, unless I ripped out the entire outside border.  Yea, not doing it, already ready to have this sampler in the done pile.  So, I fudged it.  I found one particular place on the linen that the threads of linen were so thin, I could go over 3 threads, and it didn't even show.

Once the outside border was completed, I could reattach my reduced copy of the border.  I will say, that copy is looking a bit raggedy, but made it so much easier to stitch through!  By the way, one thing I did learn, was once you pin the copy on your fabric, it is easier to poke holes with a sharp needle/pin where you want the running stitches.  It makes it much easier to stitch the outline,  I also used different color hand quilting thread, which can be purchased at JoAnns.  I already had several spools, so it wasn't necessary for me to purchase additional supplies.

I will advise, you need the courser, thicker thread to stitch the outline, only so it can withstand the
cutting out the paper later on, so that the only thing left is your outline stitching.















No comments:

Post a Comment