Saturday, August 18, 2018

Love Never Fails - Barbara Ana Designs

Wow I can’t believe it’s been a whole year since my last post.  I apologize to those that were follow my blog.

Sometimes life just manages to get in the way of the things one really want to do, and those luxuries get put on the back burner.  Sometimes our path, comes to a fork and we have to take a temporary alternate route to get us back on the path!

Last year in July, my family celebrated the birth of my first grandchild.  Andersen.  Although I wasn’t too thrilled at the thought of becoming a grandparent, I can tell you that little one has changed the world.  Making my kids, Aunts and Uncles, my hubbie a grandpa.  We are so “in love” with that boy. At Christmas time he was passed from one set of loving arms to another, like a football.  Recently he turned one.  Just started walking, but so far no talking.  Not too worried as my youngest son didn’t really talk to almost three.  His sister did all his talking for him.  But when the day came, it was full sentences and we figured out he was already reading.

My mom who will be turning 97 in October, is still doing as well as can be expected at her age.  Just before Christmas she had a heart attack. The physicians still talk about her, as she walked into have an EKG on her own, while actually having the heart attack.  Guess there’s something to be said about good old fashion German farmer peasant blood.  Many weeks of cardiac rehab , which abruptly came to a screeching halt when she fell into one of the foundation pillars in the basement and broke her collarbone.  She’s a little more forget, a little more easily confused then before the heart attack.  So I’ve taken over bill paying and doctor appointment schedules for her.

After our annual family vacation in the Outer Banks, the stitching bug has returned.  So I finally managed to finish Love Never Fails, plus started  again working on the Ann Hill sampler.






4 comments:

  1. Your life has been busy, Pam. Congratulations on being a grammy and I do hope your Mom is doing well. The stitching is beautiful and look forward to more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on becoming a grandmother! I’m glad to see you back in blogland! Your stitching is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back. I was really concerned there for a while. I also became a grandparent on 9/11/17. Congrats on that!!

    ReplyDelete