Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Spangled

Spangled by Long Dog Samplers

Size 205 X 277 stitches
Chart calls for either DMC or Gentle Arts Sampler Threads. 
I am using 36 count ivory linen.    The chart suggested either, 32 ct. or 36. Estimated finished size on 36 ct. will be 11 3/8" by 15 3/8'.

This is a gift.  Which means every spare moment I have been stitching like a fiend on this project.  I'm hoping to finish it, and get it framed before Christmas.  I decided to use 36 ct. Ivory, because I had some in my stash, not delegated for another project.

You could use any color you wanted.  After looking at the directions further, and the amount of thread required, I decided to use the GAST threads for the colors and DMC 310 for the black.  It takes a lot of thread, so if you are trying to economize, I suggest using ALL DMC.  Cheaper, but more importantly, the variation in the hand dyed GAST threads, really isn't all that noticeable.  I find GAST threads show their true beauty when they are stitched on larger areas, as you can see the variation better.  BTW, I had to have my husband do the math for the amount of thread required, as the chart shows meters.  I knew that perfect score on his SAT's on the math portion, would come in handy some day, because math is surely not my forte! I will let you know in a further update of Spangled the amount of thread purchased. 

I also, hope to make some changes to my blog in the future and as time permits, including adding what I have in my stash.  I can't tell you how long it took me to figure out how to add a tab, add pages, and finally link the page to the tab.  Hopefully I'll remember!

Anywho......these are my progress pictures of Spangled, so far.  Enjoy, and Happy Stitching and I'm glad to be back, sharing my stitching journey!








No comments:

Post a Comment