Sunday, January 27, 2013

1795 Cochrane Sampler - Needle Art Connections

Working away on this sampler, and it has gone rather quickly, because it's a band sampler.  But....I ran into a problem, when I got down to the bigger letters in the sampler.  I have looked over the directions numerous times, and there is no indication of what colors are to be used for the big letters.  Unfortunately, the picture on the front of the pattern is from a distance, so it's difficult to tell what colors were used.  Also, it appears that the colors in the picture are different that what the pattern tells you to use.  Totally frustrated!  Especially since I searched the web, and it appears that I might be the only person who is even doing this sampler.  There is not ONE picture of the completed sampler, other than the blurry far away one on the front of the pattern.   I have written to Needle Art Connections, through both their website, and an e-mail address in the pattern, but so far no response.

Gotta tell you, when I was working on Alphabet Blocks and I had a question,  I wrote to them, they responded immediately.  So putting this project up, until I hear from them.  If I don't get a response, there is also a phone number so, I will have to try that.

Further update.  I tried calling the number on the pattern.  It just rang, and rang, and rang.  No anwsering machine picked up, and it appears from the website, that it may be a fax number anyways.  I finally broke down today, and actually wrote a letter, and will use snail mail to see if I can get any help.  If that doesn't work, I am going to have to bite the bullet and be creative, and finish the sampler with what I think the colors should be.  This is as far as I have gotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment