Monday, January 14, 2013



I finally finished my Williamsburg, Va. sampler.  I have previously referred as my take along project.  This project was small enough to put in a small tote and take with me, if I had some spare time.  I did a little poetic license, as I added Williamsburg and Virginia at the top.  Plus added the year and my initials at the bottom.  This was a kit, I bought while in Williamsburg.  It had the fabric, needle, and thread.  It is on Aida 14, and uses DMC thread.  I actually made a mistake, and the insides of the letters were supposed to be grey, and I used the gold instead.  Luckily, I was able to match the gold with my existing DMC stash, or I would have been up a creek.  I also decided that I was not going to have this professionally framed.  I have several souvenir cross stitch patterns from various vacation sites.  I ended up going to JoAnn's and found this frame,  and framed it myself.  Doesn't look so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment