Monday, February 3, 2014

Nautical Flags

My oldest son is active duty Navy, and evidently had been looking for something that spelled out his last name in nautical flags.  Luckily I had a book that had the patterns for them.  Originally I was going to teach his girl friend to cross stitch and do this for him.  But....literally it only took me a weekend to finish this whole project.  I am going to send it to her, and she will get it matted and framed to give to him as a future gift.


Moving on, I decided to try to get some really quick projects out before I started on another large project for myself.  My sister-in-law loves owls.  I found a pattern that was free, and very cute, but really small.  I finally found one on Etsy, that you could purchase and download, that looked really cute, and lovely colors. This will be a gift, so...at least it will be fun to work on because it is really cute, and I do like the colors.  I am leary of sharing the name and site, and or progress because there are numerous disclaimers from the designer.  Even mentions blogging.  But....will contact the designer and see if I can share pictures of my progress with links to her site.  

No comments:

Post a Comment