Sunday, January 18, 2015

Amish Life/Tending the Garden - Week 1

I haven't been able to do much stitching this week.  We recently moved my 93 year old mother in to our home.  I have spent the better part of the week, trying to go through boxes, and getting things organized.  It's amazing the things that one collects and are "must keep!"  

Being a former Navy wife, you are only allowed so many pounds per move.   So you learn to get rid of things.  If you haven't used it, worn it, or needed it in a year, or it hasn't been out of the box since the last move, you probably don't need it.  

Plus, clutter and mayhem, drive me crazy!  The basement is where all the boxes were dumped. I have slowly emptied boxes, organized photos.  Plus put all my mom's knitting supplies in clear boxes and labeled them so that she knows where everything is, and what's in each box.  Also managed to find storage for her.

When I wasn't emptying boxes, I was putting together IKEA furniture.  

Alas, the end of the tunnel is in sight.  I almost have the basement back to the "before" move in condition.  And with that
, I'll be back to my happy stitching self again!

 
This is my latest WIP.  It's Amish Life/Tending the Garden.  Part two of a three part series.   The chart comes from Cross Stitch & Country Crafts.  May/June 1987. I'm stitching on 25 ct. Wedgewood Luguna and using DMC threads.

No comments:

Post a Comment