Sunday, March 22, 2015

Dunvegan Sampler- Week 6

Kinda hoping I would be finished this week.  But, is only me, who seems to make a lot more mistakes, the closer I get to the finish?


Plus, I actually had to take a few days this week, to actually clean parts of my house.  I'd sooo rather be stitching, but even I get to the point I can't stand it.  

On top of that I finished another pesky project that was just hanging around.  Probably a year ago I bought fabric to make a valance for my half bathroom.  I even had the bathroom painted one of the greens from the fabric.  But there the fabric sat, all neatly folded, still inside the shopping bag, from whatever store it came from.

I finally sat down this week and cut the fabric, lined it, sewed it, and it now hangs in my half bath. Considering I was working without directions or a pattern. Plus I had to match the plaid to get the width of my window, I'm pretty happy with the result.

But now back to cross stitching.  I am finally on the border at the bottom of this sampler.  If I stayed up all night I could finish it by tomorrow.  Not happening.  After all I do need my beauty sleep.

Plus there is the head of the thistle that I have chosen to leave till last.  Why?  Because I'm intimidated as heck.  It's done completely in queen stitches, diagonally in four measly squares. How are you supposed to make it look like a decent queen stitch in 4 squares is just beyond my mental       grasp!  I know if my sister was here she could show me. But I may have to bite the bullet and take it to the LNS lady to show me. Trying to avoid and only to be contemplated as a last resort.  Hoping I can figure it out all by myself.

On another note, I am still awaiting fabric I ordered from someplace in Cal.  It was a good price, but if I had read the fine print, I may have purchased elsewhere. It takes them 14 business days, after you pay for it, to mail it to you. They say they fill orders in the way they are received.  Seriously, how busy could they be?

Course it's not like I don't have other projects!  I think I did the math, and if I stitch everything in my stash, without purchasing anything more, and the average stitching time was 7 weeks, I still have enough to keep me busy without pause for the next 5 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment