Sunday, April 19, 2015

Amish Life - Hanging the Quilts - week 2


I don't think it's been really been two weeks I have been stitching on this piece.  But decided it's just easier to round it up.  


I can't believe it's the middle of April.  I do remember being little and time just eked by.  But as I have grown older, the days, weeks, months and years have begun to pass more rapidly.  I received a catalog in the mail recently and thought to myself "wow I should get some of this stuff for stocking gifts!"  I'm thinking about Christmas.  In just the last two eels of warmer weather here in Northern Virginia, the daffodils have bloomed and are beginning to shrivel.  The flowering trees have bloomed, and all the petals float in all directions looking like snow.  The trees all beginning to show their new green growth.

Numerous projects await my time.  Including finish painting my son's bed frame for his move from a dorm room to a townhouse when he begins his sophomore year in college. Along with washing drop clothes to preshrink them, when I decided it would be cheaper to make a couch and love seat cover for the floral print pieces.  Also donations to the town home.  

One of these days I absolutely must haul out the directions and DVD and figure out how to work my new serger.  That's not including finishing the spring cut to my Schnauzer.  Poor Dixie was beginning to look like she hadn't any eyes.

Not to exclude laundry, and cleaning and now the kitchen floor that absolutely needs a good cleaning.  Especially since the dogs have managed to track in fresh cut grass clippings on their wet muddy paws due to the rain.  If I wasn't so cheap, I'd hire someone to cut the dog, and clean my house.  But then I'd have so much less to spend in cross stitching.

Yup not worth it.  I'll manage to find the time to do all these things that are a must, and still manage to find time to stitch.  I always do!  Especially since the next stitching project is already calling to me.  

2 comments:

  1. Great progress on your quilt piece, Pam! I see you backstitch as you go along. I have done that in the past. I tend to think about Christmas all year as I stitch a number of ornaments and it would totally stress me out and hate my stitching if I waited until December.

    Hope you are enjoying the sunshine in your part of Virginia today.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why yes I do. If I had to go back and outline everything at once I'd never finish a piece.

      Delete