Saturday, April 25, 2015

Amish Life - Hanging the Quilts - week 3




Am posting a bit early because last night I put the final stitches in this piece.  So excited to be moving on to other things!

And believe me, I have do have other things on my own mental honey do list.

I did manage to finish Dixie's haircut.  In the process found 2 ticks on her.  She still needs a bath and her toe nails trimmed.  But this is a dog that isn't exactly cooperative.  

I cut fabric this morning to make the covers for the throw pillows for the love seat and couch.  Now I just have to get my mother out of my sewing machine /office chair long enough to use my machine. I also managed to rip out the pre existing seams on two of the drop cloths so that I can sew those together.

A quick trip to JoAnn's to get heavier thread and needles so that sewing these fabrics will be a breeze. Well I hope.

I have also picked out my next stitching project.  Rhoda Hastings by Samplers and Such.



Using 28 ct. Lambswool 
 linen and DMC.  I'm not sure low long I've had this in my stash but the chart was copyrighted in 2003.  

I have to tell you that recently  I have seen some beautiful stitching projects in the groups I belong to on FB.  But even I amazed at myself, that I haven't seen any that I just have to have! Maybe I'm on the road to recovery? Yea....probably not.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you on your finish! Hope you are able to sewing chair! Your next sampler looks lovely. Did you get a start on it today? Hope you are staying dry! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Managed to stay in most of the day. Luckily I told my hubbie I wasn't interested in attending Nascar race with him, because with this weather, we'd both been miserable. I probably will start tomorrow. Lots of prep work just to start sewing. I had to file all the DMC back from Amish Life. Then turn around and pull the threads for Rhonda. Plus run the edges of my linen through my sewing machine, so it won't ravel. Find the correct scroll rods, will have to readjust my whole floor stand, because it's a BIG sampler. All before I put one stitch in. I, however manage to cover all four of the throw pillows today. Luckily my mom was engrossed in a book today, and hadn't taken up residence in my chair.

      Delete