Saturday, April 11, 2015

Amish Life - Hanging the Quilts

With my recent finishes I decided to start stitching the 3rd part of the series.  I debated whether I should since there are others in my stash that are calling to me.
But something inside told me, If I didn't sew and complete it, that it would be awhile before it got back into my rotation.

I know that I am not the only one that mentally charts in my head the next two or three projects out. I have two specific samplers in mind for my next two projects.  

I saved the Hanging the Quilts portion for last.  Mostly because I really liked this section and felt after finish Tending the Garden I would be more motivated to complete Hanging the Quilts.  

I've only been stitching in it for the last couple of days.  Have to get through the clouds, house, and trees and hills. 

Did you ever think about when you start your stitching at the top, that it is like reading the first chapter of a book?  That every turn if your scroll is another chapter and you have to keep going to find out what the ending will be?

I know there are people that start at the bottom.  But isn't that like reading the last chapter first? 

2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled upon your blog! Your WIP looks lovely! I look forward to seeing more of this piece come to life with your needle and thread. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you made the trip! Always love it, that I'm not just talking to myself! I usually try to post updates at least once during the weekend. Really helps me to see the project and see I'm making progress. Hope you'll visit often!

      Delete