Sunday, September 27, 2015

My Tropical Quaker Sampler-Week - Week 4

As you can see by the picture, a few more days and this sampler will go in the finished, ready for framing pile.


I only have a few motifs left, and also need to graph out initials for the center wreath.

Pretty amazed at what I did get done this week considering how hectic it was!  On Wednesday, we went to Harrisonberg to watch my daughter being inducted into an academic nursing sorority.  Dinner with both kids after the ceremony and then back to Manassas.  Just our luck that I/81 was under repairs in 3 different spots coming back, going down to one lane.  We ended up getting home after 12 am.  Long day!

The next day, we drive up to Bethesda, Md. to have dinner with my nephew, who was in the area on business.  We hadn't seen him in almost 5 years. I gave him the baby quilt to take back to Illinois with him. 

Friday both kids came home for the weekend, the girl was expected, the boy surprised us.  Didn't see much of them as they spend their time catching up with friends that are also home from their colleges for the weekend.

I spent a few hours on Fri. night at the mall with my daughter.  Trying to outfit her with appropriate business attire for job interviews.  We made a slight dent, but only had 2 hours.  2 skirts, 2 dresses, and a jacket. At least it's a start!

I also had to finish cleaning the kids bathroom, my mother's bathroom and her bedroom.  She came back from Illinois, after spending four months with my sister.  This week looks like it might be a busy one too!

I did some serious thinking about killing myself trying to make an ornament for Christmss.  Decided my time was better spent elsewhere and purchased a hand painted from Etsy.


Very cute! 

Several more pending projects await and someday I might finally get back to doing something just for me.  I think it's won't be too soon!😒

Until next week happy stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Pam! It won't be much longer before you are putting in the final stitches to this Quaker. It sounds like you had a busy week! What a cute penguin ornament.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today wasn't much better as far as timing. My daughter's dog had to be dropped off at 7 am for neutering. At 1 pm I had a Dr. appt. I was late, got lost, and was low in gas. I finally get there and the receptionist loses my Military ID. Really ticked off as its a pain to get them replaced/renewed. I get 1/2 home and she calls to tell me they found it. So now they're gonna mail it to me. Had to pick the dog up at 2:30. Hopefully tomorrow will be more peaceful.

      Delete