Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Skyros Island Schooner Sampler

I have only managed a few hours of stitching.  I was busy doing other things, boring things, like cleaning.  My to-do list is still fairly long.  
I am so very sorry that I can't recall who is the designer of this.  Will update on next post more specifics.  I do recall I'm using 36ct. Vintage mocha linen  and DMC.  It uses some metallic specialty thread that I haven't used before.  

After completing the crown using 2 threads, I ripped it out today, and re-stitched using one.  Two threads, in my humble opinion, made it look bulky and sloppy.

This week we bought a car.  We have been down to one car for over a year, but with 3 adults sometimes having different schedules, it was just getting to much.

So hubby and I went out, and he bought me a little run about car.  It will be so much easier for my mom to get in and out of. Getting her in and out of my husband's Silverado truck was quite the sight to watch. Plus I didn't enjoy driving the truck,  it's huge.  Ever since I backed into one the Hooter waitress's car, I hated backing up in it. Have to drive around the parking lot looking for spaces I could pull into, so I could just drive out.  One day I went to Best Buy, and had to wait for someone to come out of the store and leave, so I could drive forward to leave.  Cuz there was no way I was going to get the truck out without hitting someone. 


2014 Chevy Spark.  Slightly bigger than a Smart Car.  Nice girly color, sort of metallic periwinkle.  But got almost all the bells and whistles I wanted.  Especially heated seats!

Today my mom and I went on a road trip to In Stitches, in Alexandria.  I picked up a chart that was just released by Queenstown at the Nashville Market.  They showed me the stitched version.  oMG!  This picture on the chart doesn't show how very beautiful it really is.


I slso found these two little take along samplers in their clearance bin. 


Sorry these aren't better photos, but was too lazy to take them out of the plastic.
Used some of the money from the $75 gift certificate my sister gave me for Christmas.

In Stitches was very busy since the Woodlawn Needlework show is being held. So stitchers see the displays and run over to In Stitches to purchase the charts, and fabrics and threads. Now that I have transportation I'll be back more often!

Well that's bout all for now!  Happy Stitching.






2 comments:

  1. Nice start on your schooner sampler! Congratulations on the new garden! Super color! It sounds like you and your Mom had a good adventure to In Stitches. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your car! May I ask what dealer you bought it from? I live in the Chicago area and I'm looking online as to where I can buy a spark car!

    ReplyDelete