Saturday, June 18, 2016

Ann Wellington Sampler - Week 2


Again, am happy with my progress on Ann, even though I didn't get that much stitching time in.

Am a tad bit early in my post, because I absolutely had to move my fabric up some more on the scroll rods.  I have a bit of Satin stitching to do, and I can move the fabric even more.

My youngest came home from JMU for a few days.  It was especially nice to see him.  I know one of my days was running errands with him.  Plus he helped me out when I had to take my car back to the dealor because I was having difficulty starting it,  and the engine light came on.  

Dropped it off the night before, which was great since there was an 8 am appointment.  Come to find out the key had gone bad plus some internal computer. I saw the bill the dealor was sending to Chevy for the repairs.  Almost $500.  Thankfully it is under warranty.  But since I've only had my car for 2 months, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's not a lemon.

Also spent two days going to a car dealor with my hubby. I really dislike purchasing cars.  It's a long process and the only good deal is when you drive out with the car.  Which didn't happen in my husband's case.  We walked out. But hey if they want to lose the sale, there are plenty of other dealers out there that would just love to put you in a vehicle. 

Seriously do they think if they keep you there longer that you'll buy 2 cars instead of one? Then you'd be there twice as long!

On another brain idea of mine. I decided to clean the walls of the shower with the swifter wet floor thingees.  Worked pretty well, since the tile goes all the way to the ceiling.  I finish, and leave the glass shower door open so it could dry out.  Sort of forgot about it, until it was time to go to bed.  Course I'm at the age that I must visit the bathroom before I climb into bed or else be woken up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.  Didn't turn any lights on, and proceeded to walk right into the edge of the shower door right above my right eye.  

Yea, I could actually see stars!  But what I was praying for, was no bleeding so I wouldn't have to go to the ER. It wasn't.  But I do have a very sore area on my eyebrow line with a nice little bump and indentation from the edge of the door, and some pale yellow-greenish bruise.
Note to self- always shut shower door.

I'm sure other stitchers may be aware of this, but I just realized that if you are looking at fabric on 123stitch, that they provide the DMC equivalent.  Comes in handy for someone like my sister who doesn't have a LNS close.  She can just pull the thread color to get a better idea.

Well that's bout all my news this week.  Happy stitching!


1 comment:

  1. You are moving along very well on Ann Wellington, Pam. I like that 123 Stitch provides that tidbit of information. At times, I wish designers would on their charts. It would be helpful especially when the photo of the chart doesn't give an accurate color.

    I am sorry that you walked into the shower door, but happy to hear you did have to go to the ER.

    Enjoy the upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete