Monday, June 27, 2016

Ann Wellington 1809 - Week 3

Week 3, still enjoying stitching this sampler.  Not sick of it yet, and opining about what's next!



I will admit that I haven't stitched as much as I normally would.  Came down with a pesky upper respiratory infection. Which required a doctor visit, and antibiotics, plus lots of Mucinex DM.  Plus I have been sleeping a lot.

Today is the second day of antibiotics.  So hopefully I will feel better really soon.

Wouldn't you know when you feel bad, crap happens. Last Monday I lost the use of my washing machine for almost the entire week.  For someone like me, who generally used the washing machine almost every day, I was not a happy camper.  Especially towards the end of the week when I was running low on "unmentionables!" 

Piece of advice!  Check Yelp first when calling for service or repairs.  If I had, I'd never had called the company I did.  And would have saved myself a lot of frustration and aggravation.  It's fixed now.  

I will also admit I was a bit perturbed that my husband insisted on getting the 8 year old washing machine fixed for a quote of $350, when for a bit more money I could have had a new washer the same day.  Men just don't understand that there are certain things women just can't live without.  I have no desire to hangout at the laundry mat or find some creek with rocks so I can pound out the dirt the old fashioned way.

My daughter's official diploma came and so sometime this week I will be heading off to get it framed along with the Skyros Island Schooner sampler.

On another note I started on some wall art for my daughter's apartment. Learned some valuable lessons.  Make sure each coat is dry. All I have to do now is add colored buttons for the leaves.


Guess that's all for this week!  Happy enjoyable stitching!




2 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better, Pam! Glad to hear your washer is up and running although I do have this image of you down by the creek with the baskets of laundry. You have made some great progress on Ann. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin my sister checks out my blog. She can't figure out how to follow me. But it was so funny! She said "I can't believe I never stitched that! It's really pretty!" I asked her if she wanted the chart back. Slowly feeling better. Course didn't help when our upstairs AC unit broke. How did we ever live without AC? Between being hot and hacking did not make for a peaceful night. AC is now working too. If it had been a day longer with the washing machine if either been down at the pond or buying new undergarments.

      Delete