Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Spangled Some More



Happy November Stitchers.  So far, it’s been beautiful weather here in Virginia.  Unlike my childhood memories of growing up in Michigan, where it seemed like the month of November was grey and dreary.  It’s my birth month, and Thanksgiving, and the kickoff to Christmas.  Course as we all know all the retailers are doing the kickoff to Christmas earlier each year.  I was seeing Christmas decorations in all the stores in October, it won’t be long, till the retailers start advertising and decorating for Christmas right after the 4th of July!


I decided to do a little retail therapy myself, and went to In Stitches in Alexandria on Sunday.  They are open on Sundays the first Sunday of each month.  But I did get to chat with my favorite, Patricia Eaton, while she helped me with some fabric purchase.  I really shouldn’t have but I bought another chart, and Patricia will be ordering a Scarlet Letter chart that I have had my eyes on.  Like I always pray “Dear Lord, please let my eyesight last longer than my stash!”


Speaking of the Holidays, I already started picking up Stocking gifts for my family, as well as filling my pantry and freezer with items needed for the big Thanksgiving meal.  All the kids will be here, so we will have a full house.
  

I am proceeded with the downsizing of items from my house, a thing my husband is pushing for, as he nears retirement age.  He also wants to move to someplace smaller.  In the meantime, I am trying to move him from his office on the first floor, into the room in the basement, which we used as a bedroom for my mother.  The room is much larger, has a lot more opportunity for storage and organizing, and it’s certainly quieter down there.  I then intend to turn his office into a little stitching room for me.    I cleaned the carpet in there, and started moving his books into the bookcase.  He already moved one of his very large lateral filing cabinets into the room, and I also emptied his lateral filing cabinet in his office, so it can be moved to the basement as well.  All while trying to empty the living room and dining room of furniture in preparation of getting new carpet in both rooms. Yes, I have been busy.

I almost forgot to mention that both my sister and I got "shout outs" on Fiber Talk with Gary Parr and Vonna Pfieffer.  We are mentioned about the 4l:57 mark.  I often post things for my sister, as she is technologically challenged.  It's only in the last year or so, she has figured out how to take pictures with her phone and text them to me.

Meanwhile trying to finish Spangled in time for framing and gifting for Christmas.  And…..I really want to start stitching on Hannah Pepper, which has been in my stash for eons.  Hopefully by my next post, I will have put the finishing stitches in Spangled.

Until next post, happiest of stitching, with no frogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment