Thursday, November 14, 2019

Spangled to Death!


Another week has flown right by and I’m still not finished with Spangled.  I know in every project I have every stitched, that you come to the point, where it seems like you are NEVER going to finish.  In fact, you know you are “just over it!”  Yup that’s my Spangled State of Mind.  But, I still keep stitching away, and telling myself ONLY one more week, maybe as much as two. (I hope not)


What’s been happening in this household?  Well, we got new carpet being installed on Fri., yea, since this carpeting is the original builder carpet.  Meanwhile, because we have pets, that chose to sneak in the living and dining room when we weren’t looking, and leave piddle stains, there was a lot of pre prep work that needed to be done before installation.  Including ripping out the old carpet and padding ourselves, removing all the staples and strips and nails.  Cleaning the floor, then painting the subfloor with heavy duty Kilz.  I have a gate to keep the girls in the kitchen, but members of my family, who I will not mention, would leave the gate wide open.  I now have purchased an additional gate that goes across the dining room entrance, and a very wide gate that goes across the front entryway hall. 


Once the carpet is installed, the cleaning of items to be put back into that room will begin, just in time for all the kids to arrive for Thanksgiving.  Speaking of which, we now have both the Thanksgiving and Christmas Turkey.  I have even purchased a few more Christmas gifts, amazing considering I have been somewhat under the weather.


I had my flu shot, but I really felt like I had some sort of bug.  Achy, chills, I slept most of one day. No barfing and trots, so that’s always good.


My sister had gotten me hooked on watching some of these Floss Tubes.  To each their own, but I really couldn’t be one of those “serial” starters.  I viewed I don’t know how many different stitchers, pull projects out of their cute little project bags, and each one had a couple inches of borders done, and maybe some flowers or leaves.  I’m too, anal for that.  Once I start a project, I absolutely must finish it, (probably the same reason, I’m so over a project at its end.)  I’m just too much a monogamous stitcher.  At most, I might have two projects going.  But that’s just me.   

At this point, on my next post, I will hopefully posting a picture of the finished Spangled, on it’s way to the framers.  Until then, happiest of stitching.


No comments:

Post a Comment