Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Rose Hill Manor - American Quilt Sampler

Back to working on this Sampler!  Not gotten as far done as I would like, but sometimes other things in life just take a priority.  I did manage to complete my spare bedroom, which I had planned to do before my company from Michigan arrived.  But...due to my trip to Daytona Beach with my oldest son, everything was postponed, because he needed me for love, support, etc.  It was more important for me to be with him, then doing anything else. So I returned, started catching up on laundry, and painting the Guest bedroom.
 
 
 
I like the way it turned out, still a little tweaking to be done!  I have to put the blinds back up, and new valances (color of the accent wall.) My husband is going with me on Fri., to go to Front Royal, Va. where they have an architectural selvage place, and we are hoping to purchase something interesting to hang above the bed. I would like an old window frame, I think my husband is thinking more stained glass.  My alphabet blocks sampler is on the right, and the colors blend with the bedding and wall colors.  We also have purchased a ceiling fan for this room, and need to get the electrician into wire it for us.  Plus eventually run cable in this room as well so that we can put a TV in for guests.
 
 
Which brings me to the progress on Rose Hill Manor - American Quilt Sampler.  The latest block finished is the State of Washington.  I found what I thought to be a missing symbol on my chart.  I ended up, checking out the Rose Hill Manor site and found a bunch of corrections, which I am glad that I found.  But...it didn't reflect the symbol that was showing up that seemed to be lacking in the legend directions.  I contacted Karen Kubla of Rose Hill Manor, and she was so nice and helpful.  Come to find out, this particular pattern won an award at the Rosewood Manor Plantation Embroidery show in Alexandria, Va.  Ms. Kubla asked me to send her a picture of my work when I finished.  Won't be anytime soon I can guarantee that!

No comments:

Post a Comment