Saturday, February 28, 2015

Dunvegan Sampler - Week 3

Wow was so hoping I would be finished with pages B1-B4 as of the writing of this post.  Perhaps by the end of week 4!  I do, however, get to roll my scroll rods up so that I can work on the bottom of pages B1-B4 and for that I am happy!  

And.... there are parts of these pages that I have skipped around saving those motifs till last.  There's a thistle on the chart that the head of the thistle is all Queen's stitch.  And there is another motif that calls for diamond eyelight stitches.  The diamond to be over 4 squares and I tried it, but mine seem to look more like snowflakes. 

I keep looking at this sampler and feel like I'm not making a whole lot of progress, but when I compare to last week's picture, I guess I am!

The baste stitching has really helped on the border keeping me on track, hopefully no one step forward and two steps back!  Plus since I'm working off a copy, I've been crossing out stitches for the border as I complete each row with my handy dandy pink highlighter. 

I keep telling myself that I must stay off some of my stitch FB pages.  There is way too much temptation to add to an already hefty stash of charts, threads snd fabric.  But alas, perhaps the xstitch addict is in fact a reality.  Do they have meetings for that type of addiction?

I keep trying to tell myself that as long as my stash doesn't cover every inch of two rooms, or even one, that I must not be that bad!  

This week I bought 3 more charts. Part of the addiction is you can buy stuff without leaving your house and it's delivered to your front door.  And to be quite honest, there's the thrill and anticipation of waiting for the mailman, or fedex, or UPS.


Hannah Lancaster, Lucy Redd and the Historic Countries Mystery Sampler were 3 I just couldn't pass up.  When oh when will I find the time?

2 comments: