Sunday, January 17, 2016

Hannah Lancaster Sampler - Week 3

Hannah Lancaster Sampler
Worcester Art Museum
The Porcupine Collection
35 ct. Unbleached linen 

Plugging away.  Thankfully I can skip around on this beauty because the huge house in the middle is going to be boring! 
I'm not even halfway through the roof and bored! 

Trouble is, the lines for the roof just keep getting wider with each row. Think I'll stitch on the border for awhile and go back to the roof. 

I bought 2 more charts this week.  Don't even ask me why.  There is absolutely no reasonable, rational explanation to a cross stitch addict like me!
 
One is a take along chart.


Love never fails by Barbara Ana Designs.
The other chart is called Skyros Island Schooner Sampler.  

 
Thought this would be perfect for my youngest son.  Sorta masculine theme but a fun stitch for me.

In the home front.  I'm all caught up on linens and towels from the kids being here for the holidays. I cleaned the guest bedroom, my son's room and the Jack and Jill bathroom.  Tomorrow I will get the intestinal fortitude to open my daughter's bedroom door and see what disaster awaits me!
  
Happy stitching!




6 comments:

  1. Great progress on Hannah Lancaster! What about doing the outline of the roof and the house and then filling them in when you need something mindless? Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is! No specialty stitches at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This chart is weird I started on the bottom left and looks like it should be satin stitch but I guess it is all cross

    ReplyDelete
  4. This chart is weird I started on the bottom left and looks like it should be satin stitch but I guess it is all cross

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it said in the directions it was all cross stitch. But this chart is from 1985 so the graphing of it isn't all that great. When I doubt something I usually do a web search for images, and look to see how others have stitched it.

    ReplyDelete