Saturday, April 13, 2013

Charity Auction

Tonite my husband and I attended an event in Alexandria, Va. for a local charity.  Most of their funds are from private donations, as well as from the silent auction they hold once a year.  They help people in the community, with rent, utilities and getting them out of shelters and back into a place of their own.  They also pay for kids to attend camp during the summer, which  they would not be able to have that opportunity.  I sometimes don't think about how fortunate I am. And how blessed I am that we aren't having to sruggle like many are having to do these days.  After the event ended this evening, I approached the chairwoman and asked if I might be able to donate a framed sampler that they could auction off next year.  She was thrilled with the idea.  Now I just need to decide what to do, and know that I have until next Jan. to get it finished and framed.  Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment