Finished, finished, finished at last! WHOOP WHOOP. This sampler turned out beautifully. But, I am so glad that it is done, and I can move on to something else. One of the things, I noticed towards the end as I was completing the initials and the date in the middle of the flower wreath, was that I have been referring to this sampler as E F 1864. Then I stitched the initials. Doesn't look like an E to me, looks like a G. I even went back and looked at the magazine. Yup, they refer to it as E F. Regardless, whatever the initial is, I will tell you that I had to change the color of the initials anyways. I tried the color that it called for in the pattern, couldn't see it. Tried the white color that is in the pattern, didn't really show up either. I picked a pink. I was already too far into the stitching, before I thought to myself, that I probably should have gone with DMC 816, or one of the darker purple colors. Got to be honest, at that point, I wasn't willing to go back and rip out what I had done to finish it with another color. I was way to close to the finish line! At least it can be seen and better yet, it's done. Next......finish the Cochrane Band Sampler! Never heard from the designer about the lack of directions, so.....I'm on my own to finish it as I see fit.