Sunday, March 10, 2013

Haus Tirol, Inc. Williamsburg, Va.

Last week, my daughter was home from James Madison University for her spring break.  With college, and a boyfriend, I don't get to spend as much one on one time with her.  So, I came up with an idea to go on a road trio, to Williamsburg,Va.  We spent the first day there going to the outlet mall and doing some shopping.  Checked into the hotel, took a quick nap, and met my oldest son and his "friend," who at driven up from Norfolk to have dinner with us at Carrabas.  We then spent the next hour and a half in the Yankee Candle store.  That store is the biggest one I have ever seen.  Besides candles, they sell all sorts of things.  They have a Christmas store, where it actually snows.  It is amazing.  The next morning we got up, and I pitched to my daughter that they have a cross stitch store that I would like to see.  My promise was to spend ONLY an hour at the store, before more shopping and our return to Manassas.  The store was run/owned by a mother and daughter.  They were both very nice and sweet and also helpful. I walked out within 45 minutes with "The Celtic Band Sampler" by Homespun Samplar, with fabric.   Since I have to travel so much with my kids, I always look for cross stitch stores wherever I go, and try to pick up something as a memento.  My daughter has no desire to cross stitch, but it was funny that many of the completed works in the store, that my daughter liked, were ones that I already have the charts for.  I had a lovely two days with my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment